Thursday, June 08, 2006

Oooh...another Google-Firefox post

I haven't been blogging recently because I'm getting a bit tired about the contents of my blog. I miss the good ol' days when I had plenty of time to post anything that comes to mind. Right now everything's just a bunch of links. I don't want to be just another geek blog linking to other geek blogs...but I can't help it, so I cope by not posting at all. I know the proper way of solving it is by making an effort to write original content quickly. Well, I'll work on it. But here's something I just can't resist myself from posting:

Google Browser Sync for Firefox is an extension that continuously synchronizes your browser settings – including bookmarks, history, persistent cookies, and saved passwords – across your computers. It also allows you to restore open tabs and windows across different machines and browser sessions. For more info, please visit our FAQ.
I think a future version should also include the ability to sync the following:
  • extensions as well as extension-related doodads (e.g. Greasemonkey scripts)
  • browser preferences including UI customizations
This is great news for Firefox users because it solves a big problem they have whenever they use other computers, and for Google fans who've been waiting for Google Browser for so long. No word about a Goobuntu public release, though, hehe.

Oh, and Google Toolbar for Firefox is out of beta now. Check it out!