Thursday, September 08, 2005

iPod nano

If you thought the iPod mini is cute, wait till you see the newly released iPod nano. With a staggeringly small size of 3.5 x 1.6 x 0.27 inches, I'm amazed that they could even fit a full-color screen as well as 4 gigabytes of storage in it. But cool as it is, I'm afraid to buy it (even if I had the money) as I doubt such a small and pricey-looking thing will stay for very long in the possession of a careless, forgetful geek commuting almost everyday in the pickpocket-infested streets of Metro Manila. But anyway, I could just stare at a picture of it while listening to my desktop PC music collection and dream...*sigh*

You could just imagine how much smaller and thinner tech devices of the not-so-distant future are going to be compared to what we have now, what with ultra-thin paper-like displays and circuits already being developed. I think Harry Potter's wizarding buddies are in for a surprising paradigm shift when, a few years from now, they find out that we've successfully made a Muggle equivalent of the Daily Prophet, complete with moving pictures, but with better design, better interactivity, and maybe even better-written articles. Yeah, magic schmagic, heck, I bet not even the Malfoys have an equivalent of the iPod...wait a minute...