Thursday, July 28, 2005

My Programming Adventure Begins

In accordance to my two-year plan (Goal 1: improve programming skills and create a useful program), I have acquired the following tools and resources:

- GCC 4.0.1 and Cygwin. I downloaded these primarily for C++ programming (I'm particularly excited about TR1), though both are very useful in learning other geeky stuff (various other programming languages, Linux, etc.).
- BackBase Community Edition. This is for AJAX development, so it could be a good learning tool for XML and Javascript.
- XULPlanet's XUL Tutorial. Again, it's for familiarizing myself even more with XML and Javascript (as well as CSS). It'll be fun to create my own Firefox extensions for a change.

"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince