Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Computer Language Rosetta Stone

Gosh, reading Wikipedia makes me feel like my nine-year-old encyclopedia-devouring self again. It's so addictive reading one article after another, never knowing what you'll discover next, and this feeling of wild adventure is definitely enhanced by dozens of hyperlinks found on each article. And I've seen some pretty wild things, including (very recently) The Hello World Program in 161 languages. Whoa! And if you're interested in esoteric programming languages (I think I like Chef the best...yum!), there's a Hello World article for them as well.

For the serious academics out there, I found a smaller article on Fibonacci sequence algorithms in various programming languages, which is a more instructive (albeit more boring) Rosetta Stone for programming languages.